End of Year To-Do List: Self Care Edition
The end of the year is a busy time for everyone, and in the hustle and bustle of planning gifts, wrapping up your financial planning needs, and caring for others we often forget to take care of ourselves in the process. We know it can seem impossible to find the time, but we suggest you take a few minutes to add these self-care tasks to your to-do list, so the other tasks don’t drain you and keep you from enjoying the winter season.
- Do at least one thing that is just for you. Book a day at the spa, read a book at your favorite coffee shop, go for a solo hike—whatever it is, do it alone and do it for you.
- Write a gratitude list. We often lose sight of the things we value most in life. Taking time to write a list (and getting specific on that list) can help you remember what brings you joy.
- Write out a list of your accomplishments for the year. Sometimes we forget to congratulate ourselves for all the hard, important work we’ve done. Keeping track of your accomplishments each year can help you achieve more goals and feel proud of the work you do.
- Declutter! Every year, we like to take some time to clear out the clutter. Recycle forms you no longer need, clear out clothes that are on their last leg, and donate things you no longer use. It will make you feel refreshed and calm.
- Set some intentions for the coming year. Whether you are a resolution person or not, making goals, envisioning where you’d like to be this time next year can help ground you and help you feel more at peace.
- Do a good deed. Buy groceries for someone, add coins to parking meters, adopt a family to buy gifts for this holiday season. No matter what you do, helping others is sure to help bring you peace as well.
We know that the end of the year is a stressful time, but when you plan to care for yourself first, you’re more likely to enjoy the last month of the year rather than wish it were over. We at Orsinger Investment Group, Inc. wish you a healthy and rested holiday season and a happy New Year!